Those who opt to participate, must follow the rules of the IKB Kip certification scheme. All participating links guarantee that they do what they promised. This responds to the wishes from the purchasers and society. If you decide to participate in IKB Kip, you can register at a Certification Authority.
Process for participation in IKB Kip
- You must register at an acknowledged Certification Authority (CA). The CA makes an appointment for a certification inspection at your location.
- We advise you to look at the IKB norms for your company to prepare for the inspection.
- Before (or at the start of) the certification inspection, you must also sign a participation agreement.
- When all is agreed, you will receive the IKB Kip certificate and you will be included in the IKB register. You can find more information on this register at IKB Kip certified companies.
- In principle, a certificate is valid until December 31st the next year.
- To receive a new certificate, an inspection must again be conducted before the end of your current certificate. You are responsible for timely arranging the required inspection.
Certification Authorities (CAs) can apply to the scheme manager of IKB Kip. If the CA proves to be suitable, we enter into an agreement with them. The CAs accepted by the scheme manager perform the inspection, evaluation, and certification with regard to IKB Kip.
The overview below shows for which specific links within IKB Kip the CAs have been acknowledged. Moreover, the contact information of the CAs has been listed, so you can contact them if desired (for instance for an offer or quotation).
Vinçotte Netherlands and Kiwa VERIN have informed IKB Kip of their intention to collaborate and continue under the name Kiwa VERIN as of 1 January 2023. Vinçotte has informed its clients and we will keep you informed as well.
For more information on the rates for inspection, evaluation, and such, please contact the CAs.
Additionally, a participation contribution is charged. The participation contribution is a contribution that is collected once a year (per certificate).
In order to set the amount of the contribution, the Central Board of Experts (CCvD) and the directors of PLUIMNED have examined the plans for next year and have determined the costs of these activities. The underlying principle is efficient implementation at the lowest possible cost. Whenever possible, the participants’ contribution will be reduced.
The table below shows the participants’ contribution for 2023.
|Individual IKB Kip participants||Participants’ contribution 2022 (excl. VAT)||Participants’ contribution 2023 (excl. VAT)|
|Primary companies/farms||€ 265||€290|
|Hatchery, abattoir or cutting plant||€ 750||€820|
|Main site of a Multi-site||€ 2.500 plus € 30 per sub location||€2.700 plus €33 per sub location|
The IKB participants’ contributions are used to help finance the following activities:
- Management of the IKB Kip certification scheme
- Promotion IKB Kip: IKB Kip, chicken from an assured source
- Coordination of the sector – for example through the Central Board of Experts (CCvD) of IKB Kip
- Responding to queries from potential or existing IKB participants
- Direction and supervision of Certifying Authorities
- Developing the IKB Kip certification scheme
- Managing the IKB database – including all inspection reports and all participants
IKB Kip focuses in 2023 on the following themes:
- Working together towards a system that we can remain proud of, including by promotion of and informing about IKB Kip;
- IKB Kip as an efficient and effective scheme, which includes having clear objectives and monitoring progress towards achieving them;
- Fair and proper schedule and schedule management, in accordance with ISO 17065 and Ketenborging.nl;
- Support for participants, including good communication and good secretariat accessibility.